Unable to select format types

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:14:05 UTC 2016

Hi.

I think you can only do encoding of YUV 4:2:0 on the Jetsons. But I still
miss a list of valid encoding profiles it can encode. Its a bit odd
bordering suspect that Nvidia hasn't made a list available with supported
encoding profiles. Maybe there is a list on their site that requires
registration. If you have access, look for enoding profiles. To encode
4:2:2, it need to support at least one of the profiles I listed in previous
mail. Please drop a note if you find it.

If you have access to the description of the API, you can probably write a
program, that query the encoder module for supported profiles. I think the
OpenMAX describes a method for querying for encoder settings, profiles
included. Maybe there is already code in omxh265enc that does this for you,
where you could add a fprintf() to print out supported profiles or maybe
there even exist a debug mode that will do that for you for omxh265enc.

But again, I don't think 4:2:2 is support. Would like to be proven wrong.

Best regards