How to change the version of the GStreamer plugin

Kiran Kumar kirank3240 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 00:16:26 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have developed a gstreamer plugin with the help of plugin writers guide.
If I do a gst-inspect on the plugin, the VERSION of the plugin is always
1.0.0. I tried changing the version in GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (). But, the
plugin is not compiling when I do this.

My requirement:

I need to have my own version of the plugin. So that I can change the
version and check-in whenever the changes are made to it.

My question:

1. Is it possible to change the plugin version?
2. If the answer to the above question is 'yes', how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Kiran