issue with using glcolorscale

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:18:33 UTC 2016

On 15/07/16 23:59, xargon wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to do video scaling on the GPU and the only thing I
> could find was the glcolorscale filter. I am running streamer 1.8.0 on my
> ARM device and I tried to execute the following:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! "video/x-raw-yuv" | glcolorscale !
> ximagesink

1. video/x-raw-yuv caps aren't valid anymore in Gst 1.0.  They are just
video/x-raw,format=??? now.

2. To be able to use glcolorscale with raw pipelines, you either need to
surround it in glupload/gldownload/glcolorconvert or place it in a
glfilterbin.

e.g. videotestsrc ! glfilterbin filter=glcolorscale ! ximagesink; or
videotestsrc ! glupload ! glcolorconvert ! glcolorscale ! glcolorconvert
! gldownload ! ximagesink

Cheers
-Matt