Testing with GstTestClock or GstHarness

Iván Aponte ivan.aponte at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 02:18:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I created a sink that is very similar to splitmuxsink but with some
alterations. I want to test some conditions that should happen after 5
seconds of video received, then after 10 seconds, then after 20
seconds and then send an EOS.

I was trying to create this test using GstHarness but I have some
doubts about the GstTestClock and the
gst_harness_crank_single_clock_wait method.  Here is part of my code
until now:

  GstHarness *h = gst_harness_new("filexyzsink");
  gst_harness_add_src_parse (h, "videotestsrc is-live=1 ! x264enc", TRUE);
  gst_harness_use_testclock(h);
  gst_harness_play(h);

What  I want to know is how much time does a wait in
gst_harness_crank_single_clock_wait ? Can I advance the test clock for
example 5 seconds and expect the videotestsrc to produce 5 seconds of
video ? Is there any way to do this ?

Regards,

Iván Aponte