Video looks as it it's interlaced

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Jul 25 07:28:27 UTC 2016

A bit more information as I’ve now managed to capture some logging.

First problem is that ‘deinterlace’ isn’t being found, so I need to investigate why that’s not getting deployed.

I can see multiple gst_event_new_caps entries in the log (which occur in groups), so it looks as if the source supports multiple formats and re-negotiation takes place from time-to-time. Some of these event have an ‘interlace-mode’ of ‘mixed’ whilst others support ‘progressive’. Is it possible to set a parameter on a generic ‘playbin’ pipeline so that it prefers a non-interlaced format but will still accept interlaced if that’s all that's available?