Guidance requested on location of sensors header

Martin Kelly martin at surround.io
Mon Jul 25 15:57:06 UTC 2016

On 07/24/2016 09:37 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2016, at 12:04 AM, Martin Kelly wrote:
>
> Maybe it makes sense to pack the data in a GstStructure (which
> encapsulates (key, type, value) tuples)?
>
> -- Arun

For apps outside the pipeline, this could work. However, for plugins
(say, a sensorfilter of some kind), this is an inconvenient/inefficient
format. It seems to me that it's best to leave it as a GstBuffer by
default, with possibly a method for converting to a GstStructure, if
apps find that useful (I'm not sure if they would).