is RFC5761 (multiplex RTP/RTCP) supported in a GStreamer RTP element?

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema djcb.bulk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:43:41 UTC 2016

On Thursday Jul 28 2016, Andres Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a GStreamer element that supports multiplexing RTP data and control
> pkt on a single port?
>
> This is specified in RFC5761 and is signaled via SDP using the attribute:
> "a=rtcp-mux"
>
> I looked at the documentation for rtpmux but that appears to multiplex 2
> streams into 1 stream which is different from multiplexing both the RTP and
> RTCP pkts from a single stream.

I've been using a "funnel" for this purpose -- then RTCP and RTP packets
go in and feed a single updsink. Some kind soul in the ever-helpful
#gstreamer suggested this a while back, and it seems to work fine.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb at djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl