Single-image slideshow

Andy Robinson andy at seventhstring.com
Sun Jul 31 10:39:36 UTC 2016

On 29/07/16 17:12, Arjen Veenhuizen wrote:
> Out the top of my mind you can try something like this (untested):
>
> --

Thanks for this - I found the example by clicking on the http link
above, of course, which for the benefit of anyone else was:

gst-launch-1.0 mp4mux name=mux ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4
filesrc location=image.jpg ! jpegdec ! imagefreeze ! x264enc ! mux.
filesrc location=audio.mp3 ! mux.

I was unaware of imagefreeze and it looks very relevant.

I had to add a couple of elements to make it link and run, and added
some small tweaks, giving this which does run:

gst-launch-1.0 mp4mux name=mux ! queue ! filesink
location=BringThatThing.mp4 filesrc location=IMG_2226.JPG ! jpegdec !
imagefreeze ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/10 ! x264enc ! mux. filesrc
location=btt.mp3 ! decodebin ! voaacenc bitrate=256000 ! mux.

However it appears to run forever, generating an ever growing output
file. I don't know what is in there because if I stop it with ctrl-C the
op file won't play.

Any idea what it is doing, and how to stop it doing it?

Regards,
Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.com