Unable to change state GST_STATE_PLAYING

amitchawla amit at wowvision.in
Wed Jun 1 11:45:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

  tcpserversrc blocksize=4194304 host=192.168.100.58 port=3000 !

  decodebin async-handling=true name=demux !

  autoaudiosink async-handling=true demux. !

  imxeglvivsink async=true

 I do the following operations : -

        set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_PAUSED);
       set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_READY);
       set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_NULL);
       --- enable_fresh_data_from_network --- ;
       set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_READY) ;
       set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_PAUSED) ;
       set_pipeline_state(GST_STATE_PLAYING) ;

I also notice that when I move from GST_STATE_NULL -> GST_STATE_PLAYING

I do not get the GST_MESSAGE_ASYNC_DONE on the bus, which means the pipeline
in not getting pre rolled..... the data is not reaching the sinks .... the
audio sink or the video sink .

In case of the above pipeline -- after setting to GST_STATE_NULL .... before
setting to GST_STATE_PLAYING ... do I need to do something to the pads....?
or does it take care by itself.

Why is the pipeline not pre-rolling ? Actually from debug outputs... I
notice that the decodebin is working and I can see video decoder logs.....
but after putting logs in the eglvivsink (video sink) .... I see that it
does receive the GST_STATE_CHANGE_PAUSED_TO_PLAYING command .... even when I
am setting the pipeline to GST_STATE_PLAYING. ... .. ?

Thanks a lot for shedding some light on the above problem.

Thanks and Regards
Amit