GStreamer and JAVA

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 3 05:55:17 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-05-31 at 15:27 +0200, Nicolas Castillejos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to set a parameter value of internal element of the
> playbin pipeline ?
>
> For example I'm reading a rtsp stream with Playbin.
> I know that playbin , internally will use rtspsrc in is internal pipeline.
> I would like to set parameter of the rtspsrc element ?

Use the source-setup signal on playbin. You will get the rtspsrc there
and can set any properties you want on it then before it is actually
started.

> If I could access this element by parsing the playbin hierarchy I would
> not ask the question,
> but it's not possible, you can only see GstPlaybin Element... and not
> what is inside.

You can use the GstBin API to look at all elements that are inside the
playbin for the general case, and since 1.9/1.10 there is also the
deep-element-added signal that will allow you to listen for elements
being added.