Stream swithcing dynamically

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 03:18:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

       I have written an test application, where I for a gstreamer-1.0
pipeline.
The scenario is when I am playing a file which has 3 audio streams. Now
while the
playback is going on, I would like to switch to a different audio stream.
      Say if I was playing audio#0, then I would want to switch to audio#2.
      So is there any way for me to do so without using input selector
between decoder
and the audiosink. Instead I should be able to remove the audio#0's parser
and decoder
and then able to include the audio#2's parser and decoder without altering
the playback state.
That is suppose I do a stream switch say at 10 second then the playback for
audio#2 after
the switching must start from 10 seconds (not from the beginning).

If the above is possible, then how can I do the above mentioned logic and
also to
make sure that only audio#0;s elements are removed not the whole pipeline
and
audio#2's elements are successfully added and the playback resumes from
correct position.

Before Switch:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=In_file.aac ! audio#0_elements ! ... !
alsasink

After Switch:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=In_file.aac ! audio#2_elements ! ... !
alsasink

I could not think/understand in the above mentioned way.
Though the totem and playbin applications use the input selector between
audio decoders and the
audiosink, I would like to implement something in the above mentioned way.
Because I cannot use
playbin for my assignment.

Thank You In Advance