Stream swithcing dynamically

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:51:12 UTC 2016

Thanks Sebastian for the quick reply.

So from your reply itseems like changing the audio parsers and decoders for
multiple audio stream case is impossible if I use gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
location=..... pipeline.
But at the last part of the reply, did you mean that if I use pad-probe at
the demuxer's source pad then it will make sure that the downstream elements
are updated.

Say like
audio#0 is MP3 - 32Khz, Layer3
audio#1 is AAC - 48KHz, 2 channels, MAIN PROFILE
audio#2 is AAC - 44.1Khz, 2 channels, LC PROFILE

So if I change from audio#0 to audio#2 then the input-selector after demuxer
followed by a pad-probe at the input selectors source pad then all the
downstream
elements will change from mpegaudioparse-mp3dec to aacparse-aacdec.
And the playback will resume from the time when stream change was requested,
say that the stream change request time is 15 seconds.

Am I right in my understanding form the above paragraph.