UDP PACKET TOO BIG

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Wed Jun 8 19:39:07 UTC 2016

I quickly tested a similar pipeline as yours (the H264+MPEGTS) in my PC, and got the same ~1s latency, plus somewhat jerky display. I don’t know if its the exact same scenario, but here’s how I managed to reduce it:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=udp://@0.0.0.0:5000 playsink::vbin::glimagesinkbin0::sink::sync=false

Note that this hierarchy is specific to my PC, you’ll have to find the hierarchy in your specific environment, and that’s the tricky part.

You may try figuring it out from the DOT diagram:
GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=/tmp gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=udp://@0.0.0.0:5000

In /tmp you’ll find the diagrams with names similar to <timestamp>-gst-launch.PAUSED_PLAYING.dot
You may view them using xdot, or by converting them to png using “dot -Tpng <your_dot>.dot -o <your_png>.png”

After that, follow the name hierarchy down to your sink element, and set sync to false. Note that this is only valid because you have a video only pipeline, coming from a live source as v4l2. I’ll attach my png so you can correlate my hierarchy with my diagram and extrapolate yours.

A big warning:
- if your hierarchy path is incorrect, you’ll not receive a message saying so. The property will simply not apply.

Good luck :)

—
Michael Gruner <michael.gruner at ridgerun.com <mailto:michael.gruner at ridgerun.com>>
Embedded Linux and GStreamer solutions