UDP PACKET TOO BIG

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jun 8 21:33:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 22:28 +0100, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 13:39 -0600, Michael Gruner wrote:
>

> sync=false on the sink will add jerkiness if there's network jitter.
>
> What you probably want is to set the "latency" property on the source (rtspsrc), it's quite high by default (2 seconds).

Sorry, I completely misread, there's no rtsp here (perhaps there should
be :)), just plain udp.
setting sync to false on the sink is ok if you have a dedicated wired
network where there's basically no jitter or packet loss, but for
anything else you'll probably want a pipeline with an rtpjitterbuffer
and a non-0 latency to smooth out the network jitter.
Cheers
 -Tim