Multicast RTP not working on Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 9 13:26:37 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-06-07 at 16:39 +0530, Anuj Pahuja wrote:
> > > You might also have to specify the multicast interface on the
> > > sink and
> > > source.
> > >

> > I'll try that and report my results.
> >

> How do I specify multicast interface on Windows? Do I use something
> like udpsrc multicast-iface="XXX Network" ?

Check this documentation in the MSDN:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb408409%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Especially the paragraph in the end starting with
"The if_nametoindex function is implemented ..."

That's how you get the correct interface name. They look like
ethernet_0, wireless_0, etc.