Crash when trying to stop pipeline containing encodebin

Michael Guinzbourg mguinzbourg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:17:26 UTC 2016

Sebastian, thank you so much for your great support and patience. I think I
figured out the root cause of the problem here.
The errors are due to the fact that I'm trying to encode a stream which is
taken as an output from the playbin (I have custom videosink connected to
playbin). The source video is a playlist which plays live feed from web
cam. The problem is that the source plays the same stream several times
before it shifts to the next available time. The encoder reads same stream
several times and expect that we move forward in time but we keep playing
same chunk of data many times. There's perfect output from the playbin for
this stream but if I direct it to the encodeer it complains with the errors
like pts is less then it should be. Could you please advice me how I can
handle this problem? So somehow I need to tell encoder - please ignore pts
and treat all incoming data as sequential. I couldn't find how I can do it
but you may have some idea for me.
Thanks,
MG