compiling gstreamer to javascript

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jun 11 08:35:55 UTC 2016

On Sa, 2016-06-11 at 10:25 +0200, Vito De Tullio wrote:
> did anyone tried to compile (for example with emscripten) gstreamer to pure
> js code?
> is it possible to try it in the browser?
>
> (I am interested to make an html5-video-tag extension with gst + a custom
> video codec)

GStreamer itself should be possible to some degree, the problem is that
you will also have to compile all dependencies of GStreamer and the
plugins you want to use, and you need to find replacements for a)
assembly code and b) platform specific APIs (dlopen() for example).

It will be possible but you'll have to put quite some effort into this
and modify the code accordingly.