udpsrc has no data for windows

William Salibrici bsalibrici at latticeinc.com
Mon Jun 13 21:29:33 UTC 2016

I am trying to get a simple udpsink/udpsrc example to work using two windows machines connected to a local lan but it's not working.
Sender is windows xp with the following pipeline using the launch tool:
audiotestsrc wave=2 ! audio/x-raw,format=S16LE,rate=8000,channels=1 !
udpsink clients="192.168.1.101:5004"
The ip address used by the sender is for the receiving [destination] machine. The sender machine has the windows firewall disabled.

Receiver is windows 7 x86 with the following pipeline using the launch tool:
udpsrc ! fakesink dump=true
The inspect tool shows that the default port for udpsrc is 5004. I allowed this port through the windows firewall on the receiving machine.

Wireshark on the receiver machine shows data coming in from the sender machine on port 5004 but nothing is displayed. No pipeline errors are reported for either machine.
I'm using GStreamer 1.6.4 with your windows pre-built binaries.
I must be tripping over something simple. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks,
Bill