X11 vs Cocoa on OS X for GstGL context sharing

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:46:10 UTC 2016

I've come across many references to
gst_gl_display_x11_new_with_display and friends in code that is
presumably also meant to run on OS X. However, I've found that the
gst/gl/x11/* headers aren't part of recent Framework releases for Mac,
and neither come when installing with homebrew.

Is Cocoa the only supported way on OS X, or should I try to compile
gst-plugins-bad myself to include X11 support? (I am hoping to make
use of GL context sharing on this platform.)

Thanks in advance
Gottfried