Raspberry Pi2 OMXh264dec Screen Flash

Dave Johnstone dave at digits.tv
Thu Jun 16 13:17:24 UTC 2016

I am using the latest git master Gstreamer libraries on a Raspberry Pi2
to display HD 1920x1080 with hardware acceleration.  The video plays at
full frame-rate but there is a brief flash on screen before the video
starts.  It looks like a white screen with diagonal lines (like an old
CRT TV with a horizontal hold problem).  I am using the framebuffer
directly so no X server is involved.  My test pipeline:
/gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///home/pi/goal.mp4 ! autovideosink /
which expands to:
filesrc ! typefind ! h264parse ! caps ! omxh264dec ! glupload !
glcolorconvert ! glcolorbalance ! glimagesink
How can I get the playback to cleanly display on the framebuffer without
the nasty flash?  Could this be an issue with glimagesink?

Regards,

Dave.
--

Dave Johnstone