Blacks appear as 'fickery white' when compositing certain sized images

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jun 17 01:37:11 UTC 2016

Le 16 juin 2016 8:37 PM, "Duncan Palmer" <dunk.palmer at gmail.com> a écrit :

> This problem is caused by the videobox element, which I had been using
because I needed Y444 support at one point. I don't now, and can use
videocrop instead, which doesn't exhibit this issue.

If not already done, please file a bug. Though in general videobox is slow
and can be replaced with crop and compositor.

> On 16 June 2016 at 15:41, Duncan Palmer <dunk.palmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a pipeline I use to compose a video stream from multiple cameras.
I've found a problem whereby blacks appear as 'flickery white' in the
resulting image. This problem only appears when I blend using pixel formats
which contain an alpha channel, and using images below a certain height.

>> The following example feeds a 1280x577 stream to the compositor, and
does not exhibit the problem;

>> gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file://`pwd`/b.1.mkv ! videobox
top=143  ! videorate  ! 'video/x-raw,framerate=25/1,format=AYUV' !
compositor  ! glimagesink

>> The following example feeds a 1280x576 stream to the compositor, and
does exhibit the problem (the '576' is a bit of a red flag perhaps?).

>> gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file://`pwd`/b.1.mkv ! videobox
top=144  ! videorate  ! 'video/x-raw,framerate=25/1,format=AYUV' !
compositor  ! glimagesink

>> I'm still digging, but feel this could take some time. Can anyone offer
suggestions or point me in a direction for investigation? The problem
occurs with both the software and gl compositors.

>> Note: I force the used of an alpha pixel format in the pipeline above,
to produce a small example, but in practice I insert the alpha element. I'm
also showing only one video source; in practice I use more.