Errors when using appsink/appsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 17 11:13:25 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-06-14 at 06:35 +0000, Per Thomsen wrote:
> The problem is that the pipeline doesn’t work, ie. no data is moved
> beyond this point in the pipeline.

Beyond which point in the pipeline? As most people here are not using
the Java bindings, it might also be more efficient to write a small
testcase for the problem in C. The code should be translatable more or
less 1:1.

> I have attached a zip file to this email with the Source and log
> snippet.

I don't have the time to look into this right now in more detail (but a
short look at the log did not show any obvious problem), so it would
help if you could analyse yourself a bit more. Up to where does data
flow in the pipeline, where does it get stuck. What are all threads
doing (get a backtrace of all threads with gdb) once it is stuck?

Also follow the data flow inside the logs, at some point it will
probably end up at something looking suspicious.

I also don't see anything immediately looking wrong in your code, so
that would need some further analysis and actually running it (for
which see above again, a C testcase would be helpful as it makes it
easier for most people here to run it).