Running/Deploying GStreamer uninstalled on a mac

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 17 11:30:15 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-06-16 at 07:42 +0000, Henning Riis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to set up a gstreamer environment on mac for building
> gstreamer applications and being able to deploy them without
> installing gstreamer.
>
> I found some old documentation on this here:
>
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Mac+OS+X+deployment
>
> But this is really old and 0.10 based. Can anyone point to more up to
> date docs on this?
>
> Specifically, what I’ve done so far is:
>
> Downloaded the 1.8.1 prebuilt mac binaries, both devel and runtime.
> Unpacked it all into development directories where I need it. I did
> NOT install it.
> Relocated all the dylibs to point to new directories where I want
> them.
>
> Now I face this problem. When I run my testapp that is based on
> playbin it crashes with a seg fault. Last lines of debug is this:
> [...]

Can you get a backtrace of these warnings and the crash? Set
G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings to let a debugger break on the warnings to be
able to get a backtrace.

The problem looks like it is using multiple versions of GStreamer
and/or other libraries in the same process, and they are conflicting
with each other then. So maybe also make sure that you did the
relocation correctly for all dynamic libraries that are used in the
process, and not some of them still try to load another version of some
library from the old place.