Fakesink crash on mac

Henning Riis henning.riis at craftwork.dk
Fri Jun 17 13:06:04 UTC 2016

I have an app that uses fakesink to access pixel data from video.

This works fine on windows. When running on mac I will get a segmentation fault.

Further debugging the problem seems to me to indicate that as soon as I add a fakesink as the sink property on playbin, the process will crash soon after setting pipeline to playing state, even if no signals are connected on the fakesink.

Anyone know anything about this? Is using fakesink like this not recommended practice?