Appsrc video performance optimization

lucas.kinion lucas.s.kinion at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 17 14:24:22 UTC 2016

Thanks for the responses.

After some more experimentation, I think you're both right; I found some
more documentation on the Ducati encoder which stated that it's only capable
of achieving those higher framerates when using hardware acceleration for
the source, color conversion, etc.

Switching from the software Videoconvert method to the hardware-accelerated
VPE element was next on my list of things to implement, but I think that's
actually where the problem lies. I haven't yet been able to figure out how
to share DMA buffers with VPE to make it work properly, so if anyone has any
tips there it would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll try to slowly work my way
through it.

Thank you
Lucas