SIGSEGV seen while adding TDT/TOT section in mpegtsmux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jun 21 15:58:47 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-06-21 at 06:05 -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm modifying mpegtsmux to add TDT and TOT section for which I'm
> using
> gst_mpegts_tdt_new(). Unfortunately, I see crash in g_slice_alloc0
> function of gst_mpegts_tdt_new()
>
> I'm kind a lost since this is a void function where I dont pass any
> argument. Also, it is crashing in trivial function such as
> g_slice_alloc0 :)

Not passing any arguments would be a problem. g_slice_alloc0() takes
the allocation size as its one and only argument.

Usually if that function is crashing it means that somewhere along the
way before the actual crash you caused memory corruption in one way or
another. Run your application in valgrind and check what it complains
about.