Trouble syncing 2 mono audio IP cams into stereo

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:32:02 UTC 2016

On 22/06/16 17:00, Kammacher Tobias (kamm) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have used GStreamer 1.8 on both Nvidia TK1 and TX1. In both cases
> the default GSt provided by Nvidia is 1.2.4.
> It is possible to build the newer GStreamer and just copy the original OMX
> and Nvidia plugins:
> cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gstreamer-1.0/
> cp libgstnv* libnvgst* libgstomx.so ~/gst_1.6.0/out/lib/gstreamer-1.0/

Yes, this works well enough without zerocopy encoding/decoding.  I
haven't used nvvidconv and don't have a TX1.

If you need zerocopy between the decoder and upstream libgstgl, you'll
need to patch gst-omx to know about libgstgl.  Fortunately, I have
already created some branches for that purpose that work with GStreamer 1.8:
https://github.com/ystreet/gst-omx-nvidia/
https://github.com/ystreet/gst-plugins-bad/tree/nvidia-1.8

The next GStreamer release (1.10) changes this slightly to more
performant implementation of the EGLImage memory.  I'm not aware of any
branch that deals with that yet.  From 1.10 onwards, something like
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx/commit/?id=27d2cdd45dcf0bbd58c753e4b33058607153c4c1
would need to happen in nvidia's fork of gst-omx or someone would need
to forward port nvidia's gst-omx to upstream gst-omx.

Hope that helps
-Matt