gstreamer-1.0 plugin for videosink without X

Dave Johnstone dave at digits.tv
Thu Jun 23 12:04:44 UTC 2016

I compiled and installed -plugins-bad and -omx but was getting low
framerates using omxh264dec so I created a fresh Raspbian Jessie Lite
and started again.  Replicating previous steps, I now cannot compile
gst-plugins-bad without X (configure completes OK) but make fails in
'...gst-libs/gst/gl/egl'
gsteglimage.c:74:1: error 'gst_egl_image_ensure_debug_category' defined
but not used.

I have provided configure with the locations of the RPi provided
libraries (/opt/vc/include and /opt/vc/lib), are there dependencies I
need to satisfy which aren't in /opt/vc?

Is there a definitive guide to installing GStreamer on the Pi with
hardware acceleration and without X anywhere?

Regards,

Dave.