Fbdevsink Low Framerate on Raspberry Pi

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:16:35 UTC 2016

Le samedi 25 juin 2016 à 18:21 +0930, Dave Johnstone a écrit :
> I switched to h264 files and have managed to compile both -plugins-
> bad and omx (git head) using the /opt/vc libraries but the framerate
> is still slow. Could you tell me which distro you using and which
> gstreamer version?
>
> BTW the reference "hello_video" performs beautifully with the same
> files.

fbdevsink is accessing the deprecated raw RGB framebuffer. This means,
you video get colorspace converted on the CPU. While in hello video, it
uses proprietary broadcom display extensions. You'll get the best with
GStreamer by using glimagesink. It renders using GL on a dispmanx
plane, slightly less efficient then hello_video, but much more
flexible.

Nicolas