Passing additional info along with GstBuffer to downstream element

Vinod K vndkst at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 09:43:33 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have captured some data in the decoder and store in memory. I want to pass
it to down stream element (e.g Encoder) as memory pointer.

After doing little bit of research found that GstTagList and GstMeta can be
used.
  - GstTagList can be used to send pointer as event to downstream element.
  - GstMeta of buffer can be used where it flows with the buffer.

Which one better ?? Please give me plugins name where I can look into.
Is there any better way to do this ??

~ Vinod