Frame By Frame Tags

Brian Panneton brian.panneton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:02:20 UTC 2016

So when I run mkvinfo I get a bunch of output and see the following:

+ EBML head
|+ Doc type: matroska
|+ Doc type version: 2
|+ Doc type read version: 2
+ Segment, size unknown
|+ Seek head (subentries will be skipped)
|+ Segment information
| + Segment UID: 0x13 0x4b 0xac 0x31 0x0b 0x80 0x43 0x60 0x5c 0xf8 0xd5
0x95 0x64 0x37 0xcd 0x10
| + Timecode scale: 1000000
| + Duration: 0.000s (00:00:00.000)
| + Muxing application: GStreamer plugin version 1.2.4
| + Writing application: GStreamer Matroska muxer
| + Date: Mon May 01 11:41:31 2015 UTC
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
|  + Track number: 1 (track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 0)
|  + Track type: video
|  + Track UID: 5610257614117874817
|  + Name: Video
|  + Video track
|   + Pixel width: 1280
|   + Pixel height: 960
|  + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
|  + CodecPrivate, length 33 (h.264 profile: Main @L4.1)
|+ Cluster

You are right that that is not stored in the TAGs. It seems to show up
under Segment Information. Is there some way to pull this information out
with gstreamer? I'm not sure where to look. I pulled out the segments but
nothing jumps out as to where it is stored.

Thanks,
Brian