udpsrc has no data for windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jun 28 07:34:01 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-06-27 at 15:04 +0000, William Salibrici wrote:

> Sebastian,
> Here is my sender pipeline running on a separate machine:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -e audiotestsrc wave=2 ! audio/x-raw,format=S16LE,rate=8000,channels=1 ! udpsink clients="192.168.1.101:5018"
>
> I'm not sure what the default udp packet size would be for this pipeline.

2048 bytes: 16 bits per sample, 1024 samples per buffer.
Does it work better with samplesperbuffer=512 on the audiotestsrc?

In general it's a bad idea to send UDP packets that are bigger than the
MTU, which usually is 1500 bytes (minus UDP header size) or less.

Also try setting the buffer-size property on udpsrc (and maybe the
sink) to some higher value, like 1MB.

> I see from the inspect tool that udpsink has bytes-to-serve and buffer-size properties.
> They both have default values of 0 so it doesn't seem like they would affect the udp packet size.

They are unrelated to the packet size. The packet size is defined by
the buffer size that goes into udpsink.

> My own C++ udp receiver test app receives and displays data from the sender pipeline above just fine.

Unlikely that it did with the wireshark capture you just sent though.
However if there is no packet loss, it should indeed work :)