Custom GstMeta data dissapearing when received in a new pipeline

debruyn debruynels1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:29:15 UTC 2016

So I have been looking into things, so what i am attempting to do is to catch
the buffers as they are being passed down. This being done with a pad probe.
The pipe on the board is simple : rtspsrc -> Queue2 -> udpsink. Have a few
questions on some logistics.

1. Am i correct in stating that the rtspsrc contains a rtpbin element that
will make the RTPBuffers for me?

2. I am having problems to convert a gstBuffer to a gstRTPBuffer, or just in
general to obtain the RTPBufferbeing sent to the udpsink. I just want to
test if there are already any extension data set(thus meaning I have access
to the buffer and can write to it).Here is my code for that part:

/* In main thread */
setupBufferProbe(gstQueue);

/* This sets up a probe that will give any traffic information on any
incoming buffers on a specific pad */
gulong CamPipeline::setupBufferProbe (GstElement * _gstProbeElement)
{
    GstPad * gstPad;
    gulong gstProbeId;

    gstPad = gst_element_get_static_pad (_gstProbeElement, "src");
    gstProbeId = gst_pad_add_probe (gstPad, GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_BUFFER,
(GstPadProbeCallback) bufferProbe, this, NULL);

    gst_object_unref (gstPad);

    return gstProbeId;
}

/* The actual stream buffer probe */
GstPadProbeReturn CamPipeline::bufferProbe(GstPad * _gstProbePad,
GstPadProbeInfo * _gstProbeInfo, gpointer _gstData)
{
    CamPipeline *oPipeObject = (CamPipeline*) _gstData;
    GstBuffer *gstBuffer = GST_PAD_PROBE_INFO_BUFFER(_gstProbeInfo);

    GstRTPBuffer * gstRtpBuffer = ((GstRTPBuffer*) gstBuffer);

    if(gst_rtp_buffer_get_extension(gstRtpBuffer))
    {
        oPipeObject->debug("Extension set");
    }
    else
    {
        oPipeObject->debug("Extension not set");
    }
    return GST_PAD_PROBE_OK;
}

Any assitance would be appreciated