dynamic controlled chain of volume elements

Maik Scholz Scholz.Maik at t-online.de
Wed Jun 29 11:05:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I like to attenuate an audio stream by a summary of different volume values
(e.g. base gain, current volume, fade-in ramp, ...).

This would be possible using a chains of volume elements ...
=>volume[base gain]=>volume[current
volume]=>volume[fade-in-ramp]=>audiomixer
... but I expect this is not the optimum for the CPU utilization. Isn't it?

I did some tests with the gst-control-source concept.
I implemented a helper class with a property for each volume type.
On change, the result of all types set to the src-pad volume of the
audiomixer.
Unfortunately, this does not work because my helper class can't support the
controller.

Is there a alternative for this use-case?

Maik