how to install gstreamer 1.8 on centso 6.8

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:19:54 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 29 juin 2016 à 19:46 +0800, qw a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to make one live-streaming or transcoding application that
> adopts gstreamer. Now, the latest version of gstreamer is 1.8.2.
>
> I have some questions about gstreamer:
>
> 1) How to install gstreamer 1.8 on centos 6.8? Do I need to build
> gstreamer source code on centos 6.8? what's the step?

Yes, use cerbero, and read attentively the instructions in the README
file.

  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero

> 2) I want to use ffmpeg's codec, filter, and other plugin, such as
> rtmp; which version of ffmpeg does gstreamer 1.8 support?

As ffmpeg has an history of breaking API, and still do today break ABI,
we use a submodule and a static version of ffmpeg. When building gst-
ffmpeg (through cerbero of course) you should not have to care about
ffmpeg as it will be using it's own copy.

ffmpeg filters are not supported in GStreamer, a contribution would be
welcomed of course. For rtmp, we have our own integration in gst-
plugins-bad, it uses that same library as ffmpeg uses.

> 3) does gstreamer 1.8 support rtmp?

Yes.