dynamic controlled chain of volume elements

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 30 10:07:39 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-06-30 at 01:45 -0700, Maik Scholz wrote:

> > Why can't your helper class not support the controller API?
>
> ... so i have to call gst_object_sync_values from my helper class
> whenever volume element needs the actual volume.

The volume element is calling that itself whenever needed, i.e. when a
controlled property is used and it needs new values. That will then go
through the control binding and control source so a new value for the
property is known.

> > It would seem to be just another GstControlSource on which you can
> > set your
> > properties and which would then generate a single volume value from
> > that.
> Or am I misunderstanding what you try to achieve?
>
> Do you mean, my "helper class" should be a GstControlSource itself?
> I will check that way.

Yes, and you bind that one to the volume property then so that the
volume element asks your control source about the property value at any
time.