Fbdevsink Low Framerate on Raspberry Pi

Dave Johnstone dave at digits.tv
Thu Jun 30 11:39:09 UTC 2016

Hi Sam,

I am experiencing a flash on screen when playback starts, this is just a
single frame - I'm now using omxh264dec and glimagesink.  I reported it
as a bug but, after investigation, the devs tell me it is a Broadcom
problem and so it's unable to be fixed from this end.  Do you experience
this flash in your use case?  Do you have a work-around?

The Gnome Bugzilla reference is 768116.

Best regards,

Dave.