Re: Re: gst-python-1.8.1

Johannes Bauer hannes_bauer at aon.at
Thu Jun 30 14:23:42 UTC 2016

Sebastian,

thank you very much for your answer.

I use pygobject-3.0.0 and i also have a /usr/local/include/pygobject-3.0/pygobject.h,
but it lacks the definition of PyGObject_Type.

I also tried building 3.21.0, but it requires a higher version of gobject-introspection, which fails to build on my system.

I compared the sources of pygobject-3.0.0 and 3.21.0 and it seems that they changed pygobject.h in version 3.7.91.
So i downloaded gyobject-3.8.3 and was able to compile and install gyobject and gst-python-1.8.1.

The problem is when I run my python script, stillmy older gst-python 1.2.0 version is used and not version 1.8.1.

How can i tell python to use the new gi with gst 1.8.1?

Kind regards

JB