Video decoder set_format callback

Miloš Selečéni milos.seleceni at comprimato.com
Tue Mar 1 14:45:31 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm writing custom plugin for JPEG2000 enc/dec. There is a set_format
callback in gstvideodecoder class which should by called at the beginning
of data processing ... In my case the set_format callback is called when
the jpeg2000 files are wrapped(muxed) in mj2 container or any other
container, but it is not called when jpeg2000 files are not wrapped e.g.
loaded as common files using multifilesrc

1. case set_format is called
gst-launch filesrc location=video.mj2 ! qtdemux ! my_jpeg2000_dec !
videoconvert ! autovideosink

2. case set_format is not called
gst-launch multifilesrc location=video_%d.j2k ! my_jpeg2000_dec !
videoconvert ! autovideosink

The only difference is that files are treated as set of j2k files instead
of one mj2 file. So my question is why set_format is not called in second
case ?
--
*Miloš Selečéni*