Removing silence from a stream

Sagar pilkhwal.sagar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:17:32 UTC 2016

I guess I was assuming the functionality of level/cutter wrong, I thought
output will be non-silence audio

I used something like this /gst-launch filesrc location=audiowithsilence.mp4
! decodebin ! audioconvert !  cutter threshold-dB=-41  run-length=300000000
!tee name=t ! queue ! fakesink t. ! queue ! valve name=valve ! audioconvert
! wavenc ! filesink output.wav/

when ever the callback from cutter *above* is true I *drop</d> the value to
*true* and when the above value is false i close it.

but being a newbie I feel that there is not much example samples on the
internet when it comes to gstreamer.

Thanks for your help.
Happy Coding....