Multfilesink max-file-duration not working on audio pcm output

Sagar pilkhwal.sagar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:33:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

So after removing silence from the input video i am trying to output the
audio into pcm format(raw audio)

*filesrc location=audiosilence.mp4 ! decodebin ! audioconvert !  cutter
threshold-dB=-41  run-length=300000000 !tee name=t ! queue ! fakesink t. !
queue ! valve name=valve ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw,
rate=8000, channels=1  ! multifilesink location=./Output/output%02d.pcm
next-file=5 max-file-duration=5000000000*

with respect to this link:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-multifilesink.html#GstMultiFileSink--max-file-duration
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-multifilesink.html#GstMultiFileSink--max-file-duration>
I feel that the documentation is worng for max-file-duration

so in my case when I provide *next-file=5* the output is same as i get for
*nextfile=0*

my question, Is there anything wrong in the code or am I assuming anything
wrong ?