MultipartDemux and JpegDec are not linking

RobAtBCIS rheatherly at blackcreekisc.com
Wed Mar 2 16:08:03 UTC 2016

I am getting a 'Could not demultiplex stream' when trying to use the
souphttpsrc for a camera source sending MJPEG.
I believe the issue is because unable to link the MultipartDemux and
JpegDec.

Wireshark shows the JPEG image packets coming from the source but they will
stop after a few with a "TCP Window Full" and "Tcp ZeroWindow" Wireshark
messages.  Assuming this is because I am not processing the packets.

Code Samples
    source = gst_element_factory_make("souphttpsrc", "http-src");
    multidemux = gst_element_factory_make("multipartdemux", "demuxer");
    jpegdec = gst_element_factory_make("jpegdec", "jpegdec");
    vsink = gst_element_factory_make("autovideosink", "videosink");
    gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(mPipeline), source, multidemux, jpegdec, vsink,
NULL);
    if (gst_element_link(multidemux, jpegdec) == FALSE)
    {
      DebugMessage("Link between multidemux, jpegdec failed.\n");
    }

Also tried
    caps =
gst_caps_from_string("image/jpeg,width=320,height=240,framerate=5/1");

    if (gst_element_link_filtered(multidemux, jpegdec, caps) == FALSE)
    {
      DebugMessage("CAPS Link between multidemux, jpegdec failed.\n");
    }

I cannot easily use gst-launch to test the elements because the source
requires 'Cookie' value based on a session id received from a previous login
that will timeout.

Any suggestions.

Do I have to use multipartdemux to process MJPEG? It was the element I found
with a boundary setting.
    g_object_set(multidemux, "boundary", "--myboundary", NULL);

Thanks