from v4l to v4l device

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:03:02 UTC 2016

Le lundi 29 février 2016 à 22:56 -0800, Yaroslav a écrit :
> Hi!
> I use embeded board with Linux with gst-launch-0.10 version 0.10.32
> I need to transfer the video from the camera on the TSP and write it
> to the
> desired size files.
> I have no way to update the version of the gst to use splitmuxsink.

That is unfortunate. 0.10 is old, and 0.10.32 is even older. I hope you
can at least patch your copy to fix the issues you find. The GStreamer
project is no longer maintaining those GStreamer versions.

> But, I
> think that:
>
>                              |----------->v2l(dev1)
> v2l(dev2)-------------|
>                              |----------->tcpserversink
>

> while true; do
>
>     v2l(dev1)------------->filesink
>
>     sleep  $DURATION
>     kill 'gst-launch-0.01 device=/dev/video1'

0.01 is highly suspicious. Also, you have device= without an element.
Your mistakes in notation lead me to think you might not understand how
to use the gst-launch syntax to test and debug pipeline. Ideally,
expose more precisely what you are doing and we may help.

> done
>

> But I can not find a solution to transfer data from v4l to v4l
> device.

That haven't change much since 0.10, except that in 0.10 v4l2sink was
experimental and you have to enable it at build time. In GStreamer you
have sources and sink. For V4L2 to V4L2, you can do:

  v4l2src device=/dev/videoA ! v4l2sink device=/dev/videoB

v4l2src is for CAPTURE device nodes, and v4l2sink for OUTPUT device
nodes. Note that v4l2sink was written for TI interpretation of a V4L2
output. It may require some patches to work with your driver
interpretation. The specification is slightly ambiguous in that regard
due to the rarity of these HW and the fact that as of today, a KMS
driver is better suited for display.

Nicolas