Status on MFC encoding support?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:33:49 UTC 2016

Le jeudi 03 mars 2016 à 10:00 +0100, Peter Maersk-Moller a écrit :
> So, some efforts have been made ... some code exist that sort of work
> ... sometimes ... under certain circumstances. But the code has not
> entered mainstream. Is this correct? Sorry for the confusion. Read
> all the entries in the bug tracker, but a lot of informations seems
> to have been communicated in side channels.

That is exact. The code needs more work before it can be upstreamed.
It's also limited to H264.

> How does one get the code (where does it reside) and do you think it
> is worth it at the current level?

There is few people that hack it up in order to make it work on IMX.6
devices. I do believe Veo-lab as the most tested branch.

https://gitlab.com/veo-labs/gst-plugins-good/tree/v4l2-videoenc

I have a partly rewritten branch I started in order (not ready to be
shared) to be able to upstream it, though I have no strict date about
when I will resume this work.

Nicolas