Inputs / Sample code to build frame grabber on gstreamer-0.10

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:19:55 UTC 2016

Le lundi 07 mars 2016 à 01:54 -0800, Ashish Kumar Mishra a écrit :
> Dear All ,
>
> 1) We are having an TI Dm816x core with Video and Audio input which
> is
> stitched together to form
>     an avi / mkv  file .
>
> 2) In one of our proposed plan , we need to support below mentioned
> functionalities :-
>     Rewind
>     Fast Forward / Backward
>     Slow Play

See gst_element_seek() operations.

>     Capture Frame

See "last-sample" property found on most video sinks.

>     Forward Frame
>     Reverse Frame

You can send step operation. Support vary depending on which mux format
you are using. Report bugs if you are having issues around this one.

> Now could group members please provide an input based on their
> previous
> exposure / any idea as to
> how could these be supported.
> The exposure i have is to create pipeline , pause ,start the pads and
> create
>>
> 3) Could team members let me know of any standard plugin we can use
> or to
> achieve above mentioned functionality we have to build custom plugin
> ?
>
> We are able to create an avi / mkv file by capturing audio & video
> and store
> it to mSATA .
> Loosely this is our pipeline now ( created as proof of concept on
> Gstreamer
> 1.6 )
> gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src do-timestamp=true !

Using do-timesamp=1 will lead to audio and video not being
synchronized. Should only be used if the driver timestamp are broken
anyway, and correct synchronization is not possible using HW timestamp
information.

> video/x-raw,width=960,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! timeoverlay
> shaded-background=1 ! x264enc tune=zerolatency ! mux. alsasrc !
> audio/x-raw,width=16,depth=16,rate=44100,channels=2 ! queue ! mux.
> matroskamux name=mux  ! filesink

width and depth fields no longer exist in GStreamer 1.0 audio
capabilities. Set format=S16LE or similar instead. This will otherwise
cause negotiation failure. This is also ambiguous as you subject line
says 0.10, which has been abandoned few years ago. On 0.10, you would
have to fix bugs by yourself, and for yourself. Also, step operation
didn't exist.

cheers,
Nicolas