Plugin for SRTP support in Gstreamer

Venkatesh Adiga rv_adiga at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:01:43 UTC 2016

Hello, In my current project, I am tasked to develop gstreamer based WebRTC server with SRTP support. As a novice person in this area, I am looking for some guidelines or hints to develop the product. But I do not find any hints in internet for a sample gstreamer WebRTC server with SRTP support. I have used gstreamer bad plugin for SRTP decode and encode functions along with Cisco's libsrtp. I am not able to setup gstreamer pipeline as auth tag comparison fails after extracting from SRTP stream. LibSRTP fails in comparing RTP auth tags. In RTPbin documentation, there was a mention of four additional gstreamer signals, but bad plugin do not have mention of it.  The text snippet from the Gstreamer documentation is as below.GstRtpBin also has signals (“request-rtp-encoder”, “request-rtp-decoder”, “request-rtcp-encoder” and “request-rtp-decoder”) to dynamically request for RTP and RTCP encoders and decoders in order to support SRTP. The encoders must provide the pads rtp_sink_%u and rtp_src_%u for RTP and rtcp_sink_%u and rtcp_src_%u for RTCP. The session number will be used in the pad name. The decoders must provide rtp_sink and rtp_src for RTP and rtcp_sink and rtcp_src for RTCP. The decoders will be placed before the GstRtpSession element, thus they must support SSRC demuxing internally.
My queries are as below:
1. Do we have any good plugin for SRTP decode or encode function in Gstreamer? Please let me know.
2. What are the dependent library for libSRTP and bad plugin to work for gstreamer SRTP based pipeline?
3. How the graph looks like in successful scenario of Gstreamer based SRTP-only pipeline?
Please share if any helpful info that you know or come across.  Thank you in advanceWarm Regards
Venkatesh