RTSP server IP issue

bomba jhonata.poma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:44:11 UTC 2016

I'm streaming an RTSP stream of audio and video using gst-rtsp-server
starting from the examples/test-video.c code.
I'm using autossh to forward the local port 8554 to port 3000 on my ssh
gateway.

I can access the stream locally at: rtsp://192.168.1.104:8554/stream
and I can access the stream remotely at: rtsp://myurl:3000/stream

I cannot access both the streams together: for some reasons, the first
connection to the stream sets the network for the rest of the clients. When
all clients are disconnected, I can access both of the addresses and again,
the next client have to be on the same network.

When I try to attach the second client from a different network:

0:00:20.583489777 10356  0x19b6690 ERROR             rtspclient
rtsp-client.c:2286:handle_describe_request: client 0x18f6df8: no media

I can access the stream N times, since:
gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared (factory, TRUE);

but always, all clients have to be local or all clients have to be remote.

Any hints?