Errors within probes

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Mar 8 18:57:45 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-08 at 19:29 +0100, Uli Franke wrote:

Hi,

> how do I set (report to gst) data flow errors from within probes, for
> instance if some important setup failed and data flow shouldn't
> continue?

If that's something you need to do you should perhaps consider writing
your own element instead.

Having said that, it should be possible with GStreamer >= 1.6 using the
new GST_PAD_PROBE_HANDLED return value that lets you set the flow
return (and assumes you pushed the buffer/event/whatever on yourself,
so you probably need to free it if not).

Cheers
 -Tim