rtspserver debugging

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Wed Mar 9 15:40:35 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm having difficulty debugging my pipeline using rtspserver.
It is implemented along the lines of the appsrc example. I am pushing packets to the appsrc and am getting status = OK back. I have wireshark running on the server side and I see the RTSP negotiation but no rtp packets go out onto the network. The packets being pushed are h264 byte-stream au packets. The appsrc pipeline is just
" ( appsrc name=mysrc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 config-interval=10 pt96 )"
I have verified that the pipeline is built and negotiated by generating a .dot file. I am running with GST_DEBUG=rtsp*:6,rtp*:6,udp=6 but I don't see any error messages in the resulting log.
I am running on windows 64 with gstreamer 1.7 (a 2 month old copy from git master)
Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem might be or how I can get mor useful debugging information?
Regards Keith