Audio/video rtspsrc to processing to webmux

bomba jhonata.poma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:35:29 UTC 2016

Hello,
I've got an incoming vorbis audio/h264 video rtsp stream from the internet.
I need to restream it locally in a webm container.

My current pipeline consist in:

gst-launch-1.0 \
rtspsrc location=rtsp://myurl:8554/stream protocols=0x00000004 latency=0 !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! vp8enc deadline=5 threads=4
error-resilient=0x00000002 ! queue ! \
webmmux name=mux ! tcpserversink host=0.0.0.0 port=8080 \
rtspsrc location=rtsp://myurl:8554/stream protocols=0x00000004 latency=0 ! \
rtpvorbisdepay ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! vorbisenc ! mux.

There are a few problems about that:

- I'm accessing the rtsp source twice
- The sync between audio and video is lost
- I have to decode and re-encode audio in vorbis, otherwise webmmux doesn't
like it

Any suggestions? I know this can be done using queues correctly, any piece
of documentation would be appreciated too.